Madhubani painting started when thousands year ago King Janak of India (now Nepal) got murals from local painters made in his palace and city during the preparations for the marriage of his daughter Sita and King Shriram.
Today, the word Madhubani has become a means of livelihood pride and cultural identity for the people of Madhubani. Yet Madhubani art is an ancient art depicting the cultural legacy of Madhubani.
The painting is done with fingers, twigs, brushes, lemon-pen and matchsticks. The specialty of Madhubani style painting is its eye-catching geometric pattern. This Dupatta brings a rare combination of mixing culture and tradition with modernity.This dupatta reflects the touch of the artisan, think and sensibility. Skill of the craftsman thus making every piece unique
Tussar silk dupatta has been intricately hand painted in traditional madhubani style. The entire work has been done by rural woman painters of Mithila lived in a closed society.
Product Name: Madhubani_hand_Painted_Dupatta
- Product Code no.: MHPD_105
- Measurements: Length 2.38 Mtrs/ Width 32 inches (L238x80cm)
- Material: Cotton
- Color: Cream
- Item Weight: 130 gram without packing
- Paint: Multy Color
- Type: Hand painted
- Style: Traditional
- Skill Time: Hand painted by an artisan in 3 days time.
- Shipping Weight: maximum 500 Grams
- Shipping Charge: Free Shipping (All over India)
- Estimated delivery time: 8 to 10 working days in India
- Export Market: Ships worldwide from India
- International Buyer: Import duty may be applicable (borne by customer)
- International Shipping Cost: 1500-/ Approx
- Estimated worldwide Delivery time: 10 to 15 working days
- This product is Available for National & International Shipping
Product Wash Care: Wash Separately in Cold Water
Disclaimer: Do not Iron on painted side. Silk should always be ironed on the reverse side if still damp.
Packing Detail: Packing in box
Note: There may be a slight colour variation in the image from original product due to various reasons like configuration of computer monitor, colour scheme of computer, lighting of the photograph & it’s a hand crafted product. Two identical pieces of an item may not have the exact / similar weight, shape and colour etc.
Anjali verma –
i bought this Cotton dupatta for my frnds birthday and she loved it… she is too satisfied with product